K9 Nose Work Classes - Anaheim, Ca
Uncover your dog's natural talent for Nose Work
K9 Nose Work: The fun scent work sport for dogs
About K9 Nose Work
K9 Nose Work is a scent work activity and competitive dog sport that highlights your dog’s natural talent for detecting and tracking odors.
In K9 Nose Work, dogs learn to sniff out certain essential oils and to alert their handler once they have located the scented item or “hide”. Teams hone their searching skills in increasingly challenging environments, from indoor searches to outdoor and even vehicle searches in various locations. You’ll be amazed at what your dog’s nose can do!
An activity for all dogs
Every dog has the ability to sniff and to experience the joy of Nose Work. Dogs of all ages, breeds, and backgrounds are welcome. No prior obedience training or dog sport experience is required.
Please note that group classes are not suitable for dogs with severe fear, anxiety, or aggression towards people or dogs. Private lessons may be a better fit. If you have questions about your dog’s eligibility, please contact us.
Why K9 Nose Work?
- Develop your dog’s amazing scenting abilities
- Encourage natural sniffing behaviors for a happier, calmer dog
- Provide mental enrichment & burn your dog’s energy
- Learn from an official NACSW instructor in-training (ANWI)
- Classes are geared toward preparing you and your dog to test your teamwork in NACSW competitive trials
Group K9 Nose Work Classes
See below for class descriptions and upcoming classes. Classes are taken sequentially, starting with Intro to K9 Nose Work 1. If your dog has prior Nose Work experience, please contact us for intermediate/advanced class availability.
Intro to K9 Nose Work 1
Come join the fun and learn what K9 Nose Work is all about!
Learn how to play fun and enriching scent work games that you can play easily at home (or just about anywhere). You will also lay the foundation necessary before training your dog to find odor and completing more advanced searches down the road.
This is a beginner level class focused on developing your dog’s focus, confidence, and drive to search for their reward. You will learn the basics of how to be an effective Nose Work handler, and you will practice your ability to “read” your dog’s scenting behaviors.
6 Weeks – $210
- 4pm Mondays: Starts June 13th
Continued foundation training to further develop the core Nose Work skills. You and your dog will be presented with more diverse and more challenging searches while continuing to build your dog’s independence and drive to hunt for their reward.
Dogs are introduced to more search types, including exterior and vehicle searches.
Introduce your dog to the first NACSW target odor (Birch) and continue expanding dog’s searching abilities.
Introduce your dog to the remaining two target odors (Anise and Clove) with continued skill-building.
After Intro to Odor 2, dogs are eligible to join our traveling Nose Work membership. Classes meet at various locations around Anaheim/Yorba Linda/Fullerton area. For dogs familiar with all 3 target odors (Birch, Anise, Clove). Searches are intermediate and are modified to suit each dog’s experience level.
- For dogs 6 months or older
- 3-6 dogs per class
- Classes are held in Anaheim. Exact location will be in your confirmation email after registering.
- Dog must be comfortable and quiet being crated away from you in your car while other dogs search
- Dogs with severe fear, anxiety, or a history of aggression towards people are not suitable for group classes. Contact us for info on private lessons or if you have questions about eligibility.